Published on May 17th, 2017 | by Jerry Doby0
Live Session: Meet Inno Combs, cancer survivor and Hip Hop’s new champion
When I met Inno Combs (@InnoCombs) during this year’s SXSW Music Festival, I was wowed by his energy and his focus was amazing. Besides being an awesome entertainer, this young man is a living walking testimony that cancer can be defeated. He hasn’t asked for any quarter or sympathy, he’s blown the doors off by his presence and delivery. From the United States, to Cambridge, UK, he’s gaining ground and fans at the speed of sound.
We got Inno in front of the camera to answer a few questions…
Here’s the official line from Inno Combs
Hip Hop has a new name and that name is, “Inno Combs.” Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, Antonio “INNO” Combs always had bold dreams of making it big in the world of entertainment and music. He spent most of his childhood attending talent and showcase events. His dream was to become a famous actor.
During the year 2000 at the age of 13 he moved to Orlando, Florida. He attended Teague Middle School. That’s where he found a passion for music. In High School Inno and a gang of friends then started a group of rappers called “Federal Business.” They developed a buzz around school campus and their local area. Inno attended Lake Brantley High and began to battle rap any challenger for profit. Later on in life Inno was forced into a battle with cancer at the age of 21. Though he won that battle it was a turning point in his life back into the world of hip hop.
From humble beginnings, “Inno” made it his goal to immerse himself in not only hip-hop but in a broad array of musical expression. Drawing from a wide range of creative musical streams such as Ludacris, Eminem, Dmx, P.diddy, and the late great Michael Jackson. “Inno” is a young and diverse hip hop artist oozing with talent, charisma, energy, his pure love for musical originality, while at the same time offering his own distinctive style of lyrical expression. Known for his intellect, charm, genuine personality, standout lyrical delivery, and commercial mass-appeal, “Inno Combs” is aggressively making the necessary moves unto becoming a fixed star in the Hip Hop scene for years to come.
This is what this young Cancer survivor has accomplished with his craft:
Appearance in TREAL’s “Spaceship” music video, “Never back down” (Major Movie) “Ace Ventura 3” (Major Movie) Lil Mama’s (All Access Granted) Live Concert in New York , Performed for Afrika Bambaataa and the Zulu Nation.
• Signed Recording Contract with Comradery Records. (Apr 2007)
• Placed #2 in “Orlando Media Studios” Top Performer of Orlando. (Nov 2007)
• Made several radio station appearances in South & Central FL including College radio (91.5fm) (X.M radio). (Dec 2007)
• Placed #1 in “International Stunnas” Top Performer of Orlando. (Mar 2008)
• Makes appearance in Major Motion picture “Never Back Down” & “Ace Ventura 3”. (Mar 2008)
• Wins performance contest & spot in Hood Magazine. (Mar 2008)
• Has commercial aired on BET & MTV. (Mar 2008)
• Performed on “Music Café” CBS Station 2million views. (2009)
• Performed for Afrika Bambaataa and the Zulu Nation. (2009)
• Awarded artist of the month in L.A.S Studio’s. (2010)
• Runner up for hottest in Orlando in the flyer promo now magazine. (2010)
• Signed to the Orlando Magic Air Tran Flight Crew Entertainment Team (Oct 2010-2013)
• Signed To Central Florida Talent Agency For Acting (2011)
• Signed Production Deal with Sha Chill Productions (Oct 2011)
• Makes Lead Actor of National Commercial “Fox Sports Florida” (2012)
• Performed at Orlando BB Kings for Orlando South West Idol competition (2013)
Performed Special Guest at BB Kings for Orlando South West Idol Competition (2013)
• Performed at Orlando House of Blues for “FX Teen Night” (2013)
• Performed for G-Live Events Club 57 west, The Haven Lounge, and Senorita’s Lounge (2013)
• Performed at Tampa Event Hosted by “Wild 94.5”, “YoungLyfe Teen Night” (2013)
• Performed at grand opening of the Amazon Rainforest café All Ages (2013)
• Signed Partnership with Super Cooler Technologies (2013)
• Developed Inno 25 Shades (2013)
• Performed at Majestic in Orlando Opening up for Sean Tizzle (2016)
• Performed at Backbooth Orlando Money On The Mic (2016)
• Performed at Clayton’s Beach Bar South Padre, TX Opened for Lil’ Yachty (2017)
- Power 95.3 Freestyle Friday (March 2017 )
- U. K Tour. 4 days (Cambridge, London , Spain) venues: Club Bellare (Cambridge), Club DSTRK (London), City Sound Project (Canterbury), Mirage Marbella (Marbella, Spain)
I’d venture a wager that Inno Combs will be more than a special entertainer, his intestinal fortitude and ability to stay focused is going to be a great benefit for the global music community.
Check out his latest single “Lights, Camera, Action.”