Published on July 11th, 2017 | by Jerry Doby0
Elite Traveler reveals its ‘Top 100 Suites’ in the world list
TOP 100 SUITES IN THE WORLD REVEALED BY ELITE TRAVELER, THE PRIVATE JET LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE
*Hotel President Wilson in Geneva has the most expensive suite at $80,000 per night
*Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel, Martinez, France has the largest suite at 17,975 square foot
*Opus Suite at The Berkeley, London, provides designer clothing by brands such as Chanel
Elite Traveler has announced the Top 100 Suites in the World in the 16th edition of its annual guide. From secluded islands in the tropics to idyllic mountain settings and some of the world’s most exciting cities, no stone has been left unturned in seeking out the most extraordinary places to stay in the world.
Topping the list is the US with 24 suites being named to the Elite Collection, followed by 10 suites in the UK and nine in France. This year’s comprehensive list has been divided into 10 categories to encompass the best suites in a variety of luxurious settings. The Top 100 Suites have been sorted as Adventure, Beaches, Character, City, Culture, Family, Gourmand, Grand Dames, New and Relaxation.
The City category includes the Royal Penthouse Suite at Hotel President Wilson, A Luxury Collection Hotel, in Geneva, Switzerland. For $80,000 per night, guests can occupy the entire top floor of the hotel, with the penthouse suite providing uninterrupted views over Lake Geneva from an outdoor terrace and lavish amenities such as a Steinway grand piano.
For gourmands, the Penthouse Suite at Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez occupies a vast 17,975 sq ft of space, in which guests can retreat to their panoramic terrace, relax in the suite’s Turkish bath and admire artwork by Picasso. While the suite is used by luxury brands such as Chopard and L’Oréal during Cannes Film Festival, it’s made available to VIP guests throughout the rest of year for $41,930 per night.
Guests who stay in the Royal Suite at The Lanesborough, London, have complimentary use of the hotel’s chauffeur-driven Rolls-Royce Phantom, while the Royal Suite at Hôtel Plaza Athénée in Paris encompasses its own steam room, Jacuzzi and balcony overlooking the Eiffel Tower, and the Penthouse Suite at Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel, Martinez in France features artworks by Picasso. Guests of the Opus Suite at The Berkeley in London then have full use of a steamer trunk filled with vintage clothing from Christian Dior, Hermès and Chanel, and the Maharajah Pavilion at Raj Palace in Jaipur even has its own museum displaying the throne of Maharajah Thakur Sahib.
The Top 10 Most Expensive Suites:
- Royal Penthouse Suite at Hotel President Wilson, Geneva, Switzerland – $80,000 per night
- Maharajah Pavilion at Raj Palace, Jaipur, India – $65,000 per night
- Ty Warner Penthouse at Four Seasons, New York, USA – $50,000 per night
- Hilltop Villa at LaucaLa Island, Fiji – $45,000 per night
- Five-bedroom Terrace Suite at The Mark, New York, USA – $45,000 per night
- Penthouse Suite at Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel, Martinez, France – $41,930 per night
- Penthouse Suite at Hotel Cala di Volpe, Sardinia, Italy – $41,177 per night
- Suite 5000 at Mandarin Oriental, New York, USA – $36,000 per night
- The Two-story Sky Villa at Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas, USA – $35,000 per night
- The Royal Suite at Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Paris, France – $30,745 per night
The Top 10 Largest Suites:
- Penthouse Suite at Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel, Martinez, France – 17,975 sq ft
- Royal Suite at Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, UAE – 16,867 sq ft
- Maharajah Pavilion at Raj Palace, Jaipur, India – 16,000 sq ft
- Amanyara Villa at Amanyara, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos – 14,450 sq ft
- Two-story Sky Villa at Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas, USA – 9,000 sq ft
- Presidential Suite at Mandarin Oriental Pudong, Shanghai, China – 8,482 sq ft
- Presidential Villa at Royal Begonia, Sanya, China – 7,180 sq ft
- The Royal Villa at Grand resort Lagonissi, Greece – 6,458 sq ft
- Villa Rose Pierre at Grand-hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, France – 5,920 sq ft
- Summit View Penthouse at Montage Deer Valley, USA – 5,300 sq ft
The Top 5 Suites with Outrageous Amenities:
- The Royal Suite at The Lanesborough, London, UK
- Maharajah Pavilion at Raj Palace, Jaipur, India
- The Royal Suite at Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Paris, France
- Penthouse Suite at Grand Hyatt Cannes Hôtel, Martinez, France
- Opus Suite at The Berkeley, London, UK
See the full list of extravagant places to stay by visiting the Elite Collection Top 100 Suites http://www.elitetraveler.com/