Published on January 2nd, 2016 | by Jerry Doby0
Fiesta Parade Floats gets 8 nods for their Rose Parade creations
I honestly didn’t know how big parade floats were until I paid attention in 2015 to the various parades. Being a football fan though, one event in particular caught my attention and that was the Rose Parade on New Years Day. Not only did we FINALLY get into a college football playoff system which seems to make sense…we got to see some INSANELY creative presentations in this years New Year celebrations. Corny?! Nah, this is actually BIG BUSINESS!
Fiesta Parade Floats (@fiestafloats), the leading award-winning float builder for the Rose Parade, has continued its decades-long winning streak as eight of its clients’ float entries were awarded trophies by a panel of Rose Parade judges earlier today at the 127th Rose Parade in Pasadena.
Float winners were City of Torrance, Kaiser Permanente, The Bachelor, Miracle-Gro, Dole Packaged Foods, California Milk Advisory Board, Kiehl’s Since 1851, and Northwestern Mutual. Many of the winners also won top Rose Parade honors in 2015.
- City of Torrance: “What A Purr-fectly Paw-ful Adventure”—Princesses’ Trophy for Most Beautiful Float 35’ And Under.
- Kaiser Permanente: “Helping Mother Nature Thrive”—Grand Marshal’s Trophy for Excellence in Creative Concept & Design.
- The Bachelor: “Love is the Greatest Journey”—President’s Trophy for Most Effective Floral Use & Presentation.
- Miracle-Gro: “Life Starts Here”—Governor’s Trophy for Best Depiction of Life in California.
- Dole Packaged Foods: “Soaring Over Paradise”—Director’s Trophy for Outstanding Artistic Merit in Design & Floral Presentation.
- California Milk Advisory Board: “Adventures in Real Food”—Tournament Special Trophy for Exceptional Merit in Multiple Classifications.
- Kiehl’s Since 1851: “The Beauty of Adventure”—Crown City Innovation Trophy for Best Use of Imagination & Innovation to Advance the Art of Float Design.
- Northwestern Mutual: “Dancing Into Adventure”—Past Presidents’ Trophy for Most Creative Design and Use of Both Floral and Non-Floral Materials.
“We are immensely proud of our clients and the industry-leading team at Fiesta Parade Floats for delivering all of these amazing float entries on behalf of our clients in the 2016 Rose Parade,” said Tim Estes, president of Fiesta Parade Floats. “This year’s parade theme, Find Your Adventure, inspired Fiesta’s creative team to raise the bar on float design, engineering and floral presentation, and in doing so, provide each of our sponsors with a platform to share their own adventure with a worldwide audience on January 1st.”
Led by a talented team of Rose Parade veterans that includes president, Tim Estes, vice president and floral director, Jim Hynd, and backed by a group of world-renowned float designers and artists, Fiesta Parade Floats maintains the highest award win rate in the Rose Parade industry.
In addition to the award recipients, Fiesta Parade Floats delighted parade goers with its entries for the AIDS Healthcare Foundation, “A Girl’s World of Adventure”; and The Tournament of Roses, “Royal Court.”
For up to date information and news on the 2016 Rose Parade floats become a fan of Fiesta Parade Floats on Facebook, and follow the Fiesta Parade Floats Twitter @fiestafloats, Instagram @fiestaparadefloats, and on the official YouTube channel.
About Fiesta Parade Floats
Based in Irwindale, CA, the 2016 Rose Parade will be Fiesta’s 28th anniversary as a world premier float builder. Fiesta boasts an impressive track record with the highest award win rate in the Rose Parade industry and, together with its clients, has won the parade’s highest honor, the Sweepstakes Trophy, for a Rose Parade record setting twenty-one consecutive times. Fiesta Parade Floats is considered a leader in both floral technology and floral application within both, the float and floral industries. Fiesta also builds custom props for television commercials, feature films, exhibits and theme parks. Major exhibits include: Spring Garden Show, Crystal Court South Coast Plaza, American Institute of Floral Design National Symposium, Feature Exhibits and the Flower/Garden Pavilion at the Los Angeles County Fair, Bellagio and Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Innoventions, Disneyland’s popular attraction in Tomorrowland and Venus Fort Shopping Mall in Tokyo, Japan. For more information, visit, http://www.fiestaparadefloats.com.Tweet