Published on February 12th, 2018 | by Darren Paltrowitz0
5 Benefits For New Members Of Flaviar [Product Review]
Flaviar is a club for fine spirits enthusiasts. Launched in 2012 in Europe, the London-based company’s mission is to help everyday people build their dream home bar. Both an online-based and a real-world community, here are 5 benefits that new members of Flaviar get to take advantage of:
1) A Digital Home Bar – New members start with an empty digital home bar that they can fill with the bottles they currently own, add ratings, get recommendations, and keep a log of tasting activities. The database of Flaviar includes over 15,000 different spirits, include craft spirits.
2) Themed Tasting Boxes – Unique to Flaviar, themed tasting sets allow members to “try before you buy.” The sets are designed for tasting products side-by-side, helping members learn their personal flavor preferences. After all, would you risk buying a $100 bottle of whiskey without tasting it first? 1.5-ounce samples of craft and big brand spirits alike are part of the offerings.
3) From The Vault – Members gain access to an exclusive selection of extremely rare and hard-to-find spirits, as made available only to Flaviar members. This includes rare Japanese whiskeys, flights of Pappy Van Winkle, and vintage bottles. Many of these curated picks are sold in retail stores.
4) Exclusive Bottlings – Based on feedback from the Flaviar community, the company works with distillers to create unique products that are made exclusively for its members.
5) Live Events – The annual Craft Spirits Celebration is one of the Flaviar-related events that aims to bring members together. Not only are Flaviar members in attendance, but also distillers, brand representatives, and bartenders. Thus, a chance to meet literal tastemakers.
Currently, Flaviar currently ships to 35 states, offering free shipping. Participating brands include Glenfarclas, Patron, The Macallan, Lagavulin, Yamazaki, Bulleit Bourbon, Sipsmith, and Woodford Reserve. Membership is $20 monthly, as billed quarterly.
Those interested in joining “a whiskey club for explorers at heart” can add their name to the Flaviar waiting list at www.flaviar.com.