Published on July 24th, 2018 | by Darren Paltrowitz0
A Casamigos Recipe In Celebration Of National Tequila Day 2018
Today, July 24th, is National Tequila Day. The ultra-premium tequila known as Casamigos — a name you likely recognize thanks to founders George Clooney and Rande Gerber — is of course a big proponent of National Tequila Day. In the spirit of this joyful holiday, Casamigos Master Mixologist Kristen Clark has offered up a wonderful recipe to the Hype, the Casamigos Añejo New Fashioned.
What you will need to get started:
– 2 oz. Casamigos Añejo Tequila
– .25 oz. Agave Nectar
– 2 Dashes Orange Bitters
– 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
The method, according to Ms. Clark:
– Combine all ingredients into a glass mixer and add ice.
– Stir quickly for 30-40 seconds and strain into rocks glass.
– Add 1 large ice cube and garnish with an orange peel wrapped around a Luxardo cherry on a skewer.
For the crowd-pleasing twist on the classic Old Fashioned, Clark offered the following “pro tip”: “Ditch the lime and salt and pair your next tequila shot with cucumber (Blanco), grapefruit (Reposado), and orange (Anejo). You can also enjoy all 3 types with an orange slice or twist!”
For more on the popular brand, please visit www.casamigostequila.com.