Published on October 26th, 2018 | by Hype Editorial0
Our/Los Angeles Vodka Launches Podcast and ‘Zine To Create a Brand Immersive Experience
We’re always looking for the latest listening pleasure and while music is our jam, podcasts are becoming the new radio! A new one on the scene is from Our/Los Angeles Vodka. The podcast launched today with 10 episodes featuring tastemakers from Los Angeles.
The podcast is not about vodka. It is about the people that make Los Angeles culturally rich. The brand, a distillery in the Los Angeles Arts District and the sixth micro-distillery in the Our/Vodka family, launched the podcast as a way to further their ties with the local community. Each episode also comes with an accompanying zine illustrated by local artist, Adam Villacin.
The podcast are be available on iTunes and Stitcher and include the following Season 1 guests:
- Jess Phoenix: Local Congressional Candidate and Volcano Scientist
- Rita D’Albert and Lil Cholo: Founder of Lucha Vavoom and reigning Lucha Vavoom Champion
- Alex Evans: Executive Editor of the famous Bob Baker Marionette Theater
- Maja D’Aoust: Known as “The White Witch of The Dawn” is a practicing Witch who performs public rituals and gives educational lectures.
- Zernell: an L.A. by way of Chicago disco/house/funk DJ.
- Sienna Sinclaire: a pinup, glamour, fetish and adult model, as well as a certified love, sex, and relationship coach, aka the “Naughty Queen of LA.”
- The Boulet Brothers: Los Angeles drag royalty. Hosts and curators of the weekly club night Queen Kong and creators of the famed reality TV show, “Dragula.”
- Eli Glad and Remy Martin: Founders of Restless Nites, a Los Angeles based ticketing platform and blog devoted to underground music, food, and art.
- Sandi Hemmerlein: Professional writer, field agent for Atlas Obscura, and volunteer for the Social Media Chair and Events Committee Co-Chair on the board of the Los Angeles City Historical Society.
- Kate Durbin: Los Angeles-based artist and writer. Her books include E! Entertainment (Wonder), The Ravenous Audience (Akashic Books), and the collaboration ABRA (1913 Press).
- Jacek Ostoya: Proprietor of Resident, a bar, beer garden, and live music venue in DTLA.
We spoke to Our/Los Angeles Partner,Rupert Runewitsch, who told us “We believe there’s so many unique things and people in Los Angeles and consider the podcast and zine an extension of our brand. Locals and visitors alike can get the full Los Angeles experience in tasting our vodka and immersing themselves in the culture of the city. They can sip locally, listen locally and read locally. It’s full circle.”
Check out Episode 1 below and let us know if you are raising a glass to this podcast: