Published on May 26th, 2019 | by Darren Paltrowitz0
4 Fun & Easy-To-Make Cocktail Recipes In Time For Father’s Day
With Father’s Day 2019 just around the corner, there are plenty of reasons to imbibe, both for celebratory and relaxation purposes. While the “old man” in your life may very well be set in his ways — perhaps he is content with his go-to brand of bourbon every Friday night — there is a whole new world of spirits out there. In turn, there is no excuse not to try and spice things up some new recipes, both with those staple spirits and some classically-inspired yet newly-popular spirits.
In turn, just in time for Father’s Day, below are 4 fun cocktail recipes which you can easily create at home. Thanks and appreciation go out to Bastille Blended Whisky, Tequila Partida, Diplomático and Disaronno — classy both on and off the back-bar — for sharing the recipes shown below.
Spiced Old Fashioned
– 2 oz. Partida Añejo
– 2 barspoons of maple syrup
– 2 slices of fresno chilis
– Dash of angostura bitters
– In a glass, muddle chili slices, bitters, and maple syrup.
– Add ice, Partida Añejo, and stir.
– Garnish with orange peel and chili slice.
Blend My Sunday (courtesy of Morten Krag)
– 1.5 oz. Bastille Blended Whisky
– .5 oz Maraschino
– .5 oz Punt e Mes
– .5 oz Benedictine
– 1 dash of ROOTS Drops & Dashes
– 1 dash Orange Bitters
– Stir all ingredients with ice.
– Strain into a chilled coupe.
– Garnish with fruit of choice.
– 2 oz. Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva
– 1 oz. grapefruit juice
– .25 oz. honey syrup
– Add ingredients into an ice filled shaker, and shake together to combine/chill.
– Double strain into a chilled coupe glass and
– garnish with grapefruit twist.
– 1 part Disaronno
– 1 part Bastille 1789
– Pour over large ice and stir.
– Garnish with orange twist.