Published on October 10th, 2019 | by Jerry Doby0
Rap Legend Big Boi Drops New Limited-Edition Budweiser Tall Boy Can
Today, Budweiser dropped limited-edition Big Boi Tall Boy 25 oz. cans, in collaboration with rap legend and Atlanta’s own Big Boi. The new cans feature an image of the rapper, in true Big Boi fashion – repping an ATL cap and a fur coat, along with additional Easter eggs for hip-hop fans throughout. The Budweiser Big Boi Tall Boys are available today exclusively in Georgia, while supplies last.
About the exclusive offering, Big Boi says, “Wherever my career has led me since I started out almost 25 years ago, I’ve always stayed true to Atlanta and proudly repped the city each step of the way. Budweiser and I are bringing the Budweiser Big Boi Tall Boys here to thank the city and the fans who have supported me since the beginning.”
The cans reference milestones throughout Big Boi’s career:
- Big Boi’s image is wrapped with the words “The world-renowned ATLien Original.” – a nod to Outkast’s second album.
- “The Son of Chico Dusty” is written underneath his picture, referencing both Big Boi’s father and Big’s debut album as a solo artist.
- The top of the can features lyrics from his song “In the A,” written about Atlanta.
- And the bottom of each can ends with “Cooler than a polar bear’s toenails,” rapped by Big Boi in “ATLiens.”
Monica Rustgi, Vice President of Marketing for Budweiser adds, “First and foremost, we’re fans of Big Boi. We admire his influence on music culture and how he put southern rap on the map. In light of his upcoming new album, we took our beloved Tall Boy and redesigned it to honor him. Big Boi Tall Boy…rolls right off the tongue.”
Wait there’s more!
Exclusive Atlanta Fan Event:
- Big Boi is also giving his fans in Atlanta the chance to drink their Budweiser Big Boi Tall Boys with the rapper at an exclusive party in Atlanta on Saturday, November 9.
- If fans want to enter the sweepstakes for a chance to attend his Atlanta event, they just need to take a photo with their Big Boi Tall Boy can in their hands, share on Instagram or Twitter and tag @BudweiserUSA using the hashtag #BigBoiBud and #sweeps. More details to come!