boerd Brings a Lofty Serenity to His Latest Single ‘Before We Drown’ Ft. Stella Explorer
Slowly making a name for himself as a classically trained musician performing as part of the RoyalSwedishOpera, boerd (real name Bard) moonlights as an electronic producer signed to London’s infamous AnjunaDeep. boerd recently released his debut on the label and is now carving his own unique path in electronic music fusing classical undertones with downtempo electronica.
New single ‘Before We Drown’ features StellaExplorer and will be on boerd’s debut album, coming this fall.
boerd – Before We Drown ft. Stella Explorer
10 things about boerd
1. My real name Bård (pronounced “bored” in English) is a really weird name in Sweden too. It’s Norwegian, and I usually have to repeat my name 2-3 times when I introduce myself in Sweden…
2. I work full time as a classical double bass player in orchestras in Stockholm. This year at the Royal Opera and the national radio symphony orchestra.
3. I lived in Paris for half a year in 2012 to study at the music conservatory there. I actually haven’t been to Paris since then, which is pretty weird I guess.
4. I’m half German on my fathers side!
5. I don’t own a single synthesizer. Instead I use recordings of instruments/sounds that I tweak in different ways, to create my music.
6. I’m really into pc games. Mostly online multi-player games. I’ve had a great time with World of Warcraft Classic the last couple of months!
7. Out of all the concerts I’ve gone to see in my life, I’d guess most of them were jazz. I blame that on my jazz musician friends.
8. I usually play 2-4 shows/concerts a week with the opera/symphony orchestra in Stockholm.
9. Some of my favourite classical composers are Puccini, Bach, Schostakovich and Rameau.
10. ‘Massive Attack – Angel’ might be the best song ever made!
Jerry Doby Editor-in-Chief of The Hype Magazine, and internationally published arts & entertainment journalist. Member of the U.S. Department of Arts and Culture as well as the United States Press Corps.