Published on June 12th, 2020 | by Clayton Durant0
With the DJCONTROL INPULSE 500, Hercules pushes DJs out of their bedroom and into their first performances
Today, Hercules announced the launch of a new high-performance DJ controller that helps skilled young DJs move from the bedroom to the barroom or livestream. The manufacturer has long nurtured the next generation of young DJs, and as that community’s skills develop to the point when they can turn their hobby into a paid gig, they’ll be well-served by the Hercules DJControl Inpulse 500. The new performance-focused controller is built from the ground up to help DJs feel confident as they share their mix with an audience for the first time.
Hercules has been making DJ controllers since 2003, when they launched the Hercules DJ Console, the industry’s first 2-deck digital portable mixing deck with a built-in audio interface. Over the following 17 years, Hercules released multiple controllers that appealed to beginner and aspirational DJs such as the popular Hercules DJ Console Rmx console in 2008. Also, in 2018 they released the DJControl Inpulse 200 and DJControl Inpulse 300, both of which feature built-in tools that actively teach young DJs how to train their ears for the art of manual mixing rather than relying on the Sync button. Today’s new controller, the DJControl Inpulse 500, comes with both Serato DJ Lite and DJUCED®, Hercules’ in house mixing software.
“We have been working alongside Hercules since 2015, most recently on the DJControl Starlight, which in 2019 became a super popular, portable controller,” said Nick Maclaren, Chief Strategy Officer from Serato. “We’re thrilled to partner with the team again on the DJControl Inpulse 500, a controller that lets young DJs take the first steps towards public performances. We have also adapted our software to integrate Hercules’ unique, award-winning learn-to-DJ hardware features so that users who choose to mix on Serato can go into their first performance with the confidence they need.”
Although the DJControl Inpulse 500 features Learn-to-DJ guides and DJUCED’s AI-driven Intelligent Music Assistant, it also boasts multiple features that help DJs confidently make the leap to performing for an audience and getting paid for their efforts. For instance, the product offers:
- Ready-to-mix audio options: Powered by USB, the backside of the controller is wide open for external sources – DJs can quickly plug in their smartphone or a media player via dual RCA auxiliary input or a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack as a back-up or as an extra source of music. Plus, the hardware mixer for audio inputs comes with an aux filter.
- Controlled MC features: Plugin a microphone into the balanced micro input and play MC. The voice can be equalized, and its level is displayed on a VUmeter- if it glows red, it is peaking.
- Filter FX: This pro performance feature lets DJs push their mix customization to new levels and personalize their sets with effects available with Serato and DJUCED®.
- Solid retractable feet: Elevate the controller with folding feet underneath that glow when extended. This unique feature protects the controller from spilled drinks during rowdy performances and makes DJs look just a little slicker.
- Build quality: sturdy metal backing plate on the mixer, rubber RGB pads, and built-in Velvet Sound DSP from AKM for processing audio inputs and outputs.
- Streaming support: Enjoy millions of tracks to mix with TIDAL and SoundCloud Go+ integrated within Serato, and with Beatport LINK, Beatsource LINK and Qobuz integrated within DJUCED.
The team at Hercules has been nurturing beginner DJs for almost 20 years, and as their community’s skills grow, their controllers are growing up too. When DJs feel they’re ready to move out of their bedroom and into bars, cafes and clothing stores, the DJControl Inpulse 500 offers a portable, professional look and feel, a performance-ready controller that helps first-timers look cool and perform with confidence.
The product will be available for preorder on June 11, 2020, and commercially available on July 3, 2020, at the recommended retail price of $299.99. Thanks to a special partnership with Sweetwater, US purchasers who order through the leading gear retailer will receive a free lifetime license for Serato Pro.Tweet