Published on August 10th, 2020 | by Jerry Doby0
Sports World Reacts to the Launch of Instagram Reels
Late last week, Instagram announced the U.S. launch of Reels, a new Instagram format that gives anyone the ability to create and discover short form, edited videos with audio and music. The sports world has quickly taken to the new format with several leagues, teams, and media partners cooking up creative content.
Below is an example of some of the accounts that are already making waves with Reels:
- NBA: Shows us a behind-the-scenes look at the massive laundry facility inside the bubble
- Miami Heat: Created a fan-made hype video for the team using Reels
- Minnesota Vikings Several Vikings players attempt to recreate Danielle Hunter’s sack celebration with some cool visual effects behind them
- PSG: Took to Reels to show off their new kit for the 2020-21 season
- Novak Djokovic Showed off his weekend training routine from his home in Spain
- Stephen A. Smith: Jumped on Reels to remind us not to mess with “Baby Stephen A.”
- Sloane Stephens: Winds down with her Chicago Smash teammates during the World Team Tennis League tournament
- Seattle Seahawks: Bring Lego Russell Wilson to life with a little bit of Reels magic
Instagram Reels: a new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram.
Reels invites you to create fun videos to share with your friends or anyone on Instagram. Record and edit 15-second multi-clip videos with audio, effects, and new creative tools. You can share reels with your followers on Feed, and, if you have a public account, make them available to the wider Instagram community through a new space in Explore. Reels in Explore offers anyone the chance to become a creator on Instagram and reach new audiences on a global stage.
Get the full story via IG’s blog post that includes the blueprint on becoming a Reels expert!