Published on February 15th, 2019 | by Jerry Doby0
DEW returns to NBA All-Star 2019 to bring fans Closer than Courtside
The Worlds Of Hip-Hop And Basketball Collide At MTN DEW ICE™ Courtside Studios, With Stars Migos, Russell Westbrook, Joel Embiid, And More
DEW returns to NBA All-Star 2019 to bring fans Closer than Courtside with:
- The Return of MTN DEW ICE™ Courtside Studios, Where Culture Collides With the Ultimate in Music, Style and Hoops
- Partnering with the NBA for Top All-Star Events: MTN DEW ICE Rising Stars and MTN DEW 3-Point Contest
- A Limited-Run Capsule Collection: “With All Due Respect” by MTN DEW x Rhuigi of RHUDE
Heading into NBA All-Star 2019, MTN DEW® is welcoming NBA fans to the celebration in Charlotte, NC with the return of MTN DEW ICE Courtside Studios – fans’ ultimate access point for all things hoops, music, and style. Expanding its relationship with the NBA, MTN DEW will be the new title partner of the MTN DEW 3-Point Contest and will retain its title sponsorship of the MTN DEW ICE Rising Stars game.
“DEW is kicking it up a notch this year at NBA All-Star,” said Erin Chin, senior director, marketing, MTN DEW. “We’re bringing back Courtside Studios and are more excited than ever about the players, legends, musicians, and personalities we’re bringing to the space. Fans will get to see some of the stars they love in some unexpected situations, sure to result in some of the best shareable moments of the weekend.”
This NBA All-Star 2019 Charlotte, fans can expect:
MTN DEW ICE Courtside Studios
MTN DEW ICE will provide ultimate hoops access with MTN DEW ICE Courtside Studios, a one-of-a-kind pop-up experience that will bring together some of the biggest NBA and WNBA superstars to showcase their on- and off-court lifestyle. Located in the NBA Epicentre in Uptown Charlotte, Courtside Studios will feature three days of appearances and fan experiences, including:
- Migos, just off their track “Position to Win,” featured in the new MTN DEW commercial, will bring their passion and energy for music and basketball to Courtside Studios for a performance – and a few surprises along the way.
- MTN DEW ICE Studios – A live stage show will bring fans Closer than Courtside hosted by iHeartRadio “The Breakfast Club” host Charlamagne Tha God and sports and lifestyle influencer Filayyyy:
- Things get personal with Russell Westbrook and someone who knows him better than anyone else
- Past and present 76ers Joel Embiid and Allen Iverson on the stage together for the first time
- Marvin Bagley III on the aux cord
- But it won’t stop there as A’ja Wilson, Jaren Jackson Jr., Dennis Smith Jr., and more will take to the stage for other games, interviews, and surprises.
- Music – Courtside Studios will feature sets from DJ Steph Floss and Jam Master J’s Son, TJ Mizell, spinning fan favorites throughout the weekend.
- Gear and Game – Fans can unlock fresh prizes including tickets and gear from a limited-run capsule collection, “With All Due Respect,” by MTN DEW and Rhuigi Villaseñor, the founder of designer fashion brand RHUDE, by testing their hoops skills on the MTN DEW ICE Court.
- MTN DEW ICE Limited-Edition Cans – Fans can score limited-edition MTN DEW ICE and MTN DEW ICE Cherry mini cans specially designed for NBA All-Star 2019 and featuring our all-star DEW roster members: Westbrook, Embiid, Bagley III, and Wilson.
MTN DEW ICE Rising Stars
MTN DEW ICE will keep Dew Nation charged and refreshed as the official title partner of the MTN DEW ICE Rising Stars game on Friday, Feb. 15. MTN DEW ICE Rising Stars will once again continue beyond All-Star weekend with a content series that will give fans a look into the off-the-court lives of the next generation of basketball stars including Marvin Bagley III, Jaren Jackson Jr., Josh Hart, Collin Sexton, and A’ja Wilson. Episodes of the MTN DEW ICE Rising Stars content series will air later this year on Turner Networks.
MTN DEW 3-Point Contest
MTN DEW, continually championing the power of doing, will keep up the energy and excitement of the weekend, as the first-time title partner of the 33rd 3-Point Contest, part of State Farm® All-Star Saturday Night. Players including the defending champion, other previous champions, and four of the current top five in three-point field goal percentage will compete in the two-round, timed competition to see who can score the most points shooting from behind the three-point arc.
“The 3-point shot has arguably become the most exciting, and game-changing element of the game today,” said Justin Toman, senior director, sports marketing, PepsiCo. “As the new title partner, MTN DEW is poised to tap into the passion for this event. We look forward to building this event into a season-long platform and elevating the MTN DEW 3-Point Contest in new and exciting ways.”
MTN DEW ICE x Ruffles Court at Bleacher Report All Star Event
MTN DEW ICE and Ruffles are teaming up at the Bleacher Report All Star Event at Music Factory on a co-branded basketball court that will engage fans and host events throughout the weekend. On Sunday Feb. 17, fans will get the chance to watch a 5×5 celebrity basketball game, MTN DEW x Ruffles Ballers Ball, featuring NBA legends, hip hop artists, and off-the-court influencers.
Visit MountainDew.com/products/mtn-dew-ice for product information and www.mountaindew.com/courtsidestudiosfor information on MTN DEW ICE Courtside Studios and a full schedule of events during NBA All-Star 2019. Join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @mountaindew by using #MtnDewIce.
About Mountain Dew
MOUNTAIN DEW®, a product of PepsiCo North America Beverages, is the No. 1 flavored carbonated soft drink in the U.S. With its one-of-a-kind citrus taste, MOUNTAIN DEW exhilarates and quenches with every sip. In addition to the original MOUNTAIN DEW and DIET MOUNTAIN DEW®, the permanent DEW® product line includes MTN DEW ICE™, MTN DEW® KICKSTART™, MOUNTAIN DEW CODE RED®, MOUNTAIN DEW PITCH BLACK®, MOUNTAIN DEW VOLTAGE®, MOUNTAIN DEW WHITE OUT® and MTN DEW® Label Series. For more information, check out www.mountaindew.com, www.facebook.com/mountaindew or follow on Twitter @mountaindew.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $63 billion in net revenue in 2017, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around us. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world enable PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.Tweet