Published on September 27th, 2018 | by Darren Paltrowitz0
Jarlsberg To Host A Rare Pop-Up Event At New York’s Sockerbit
A cooperative owned by more than 15,000 Norwegian dairy farmers, TINE SA is Norway’s largest producer, distributor and exporter of dairy products. Jarlsberg is America’s #1 specialty cheese brand, and a notable part of TINE. In 2011, the TINE dairy cooperative celebrated its 130th anniversary, meaning that its 140th anniversary is coming up soon.
Open to the public through October 7th, Jarlsberg is hosting the Jarlsberg Pop Up Shop at New York’s wildly-popular Swedish candy store Sockerbit, as located in the West Village. Here are some of the anticipated highlights reported to me which visitors can enjoy:
– Sockerbit getting a “Nutty & Norwegian” makeover a la an old-fashioned Norway cheese store.
– The creative and modern creations of That Cheese Plate founder Marissa Mullen.
– Cheese, candy and beer pairings, with a curated selection of a craft beers from Alphabet Beer Co..
– Freshly-sliced cheese to order — right from the Jarlsberg Wheel — just like the cheese mongers served up in days gone by
– Takeaways, including Jarlsberg Cheese and Boska Holland cheese planes
More on all things Jarlsberg can be found at www.jarlsberg.com.