Published on February 5th, 2017 | by David Morales0
Health Watch: How To Stick To Your 2017 Resolutions
What does the new year have in store for you? Nearly a third drop their resolutions after two weeks. That is why Crave Busters and The Hype magazine are helping with your new year’s resolution blues. By now plans for self-improvement, working out or even eating healthier may be long gone. Certified personal trainer and weight loss expert, Liz Josefsberg helps celebrities on their journey. She worked for several years as the Director of Brand Advocacy and a Leader for Weight Watchers. Now she joins us to discuss healthier foods that are more accessible and affordable, how to keep healthier meals and snacks interesting, shares tips on how to bust those sweet and salty cravings, and last-minute “crave buster” options for Super Sunday festivities.
Recipes: Carrots Two Ways – Sweet and Salty
SWEET: Carrot Cake in a Mug
- ¼ cup plus 2T All-purpose flour
- ¼ t Baking powder
- 1/8 t Salt
- 2T Sugar
- ½ t Pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup Bolthouse Farms® 100% Carrot Juice
- 2T Vegetable oil
- 2T Milk
- 3T Walnut or Pecan pieces
- Small dollop of cream cheese frosting
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- Add Carrot juice, vegetable oil, and milk to flour mixture and whisk, breaking up any lumps.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour cake mixture into a 12 oz. mug and microwave on high for 130 – 170 seconds (cook time may vary depending upon mug and microwave).
- Allow 5 minutes to cool. Top with a dollop of whipped topping or frosting.
SALTY: Parmesan Carrot “Fries”
- 2 Carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice the top and bottom off of carrots then slice them in half, slice each half into thirds lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients with carrot sticks.
- Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how crispy you want them).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip in your favorite Bolthouse Farms® Dressing:
o Bolthouse Farms® Honey Mustard
o Bolthouse Farms® Classic Ranch
o Bolthouse Farms® Chunky Blue Cheese