Published on July 27th, 2017 | by Jerry Doby0
300 Entertainment | Verizon Present: #freestyle50challenge | Part II Details for Submission
A few days ago our New York Contributing Editor Jason Bourne caught up with 300 Entertainment‘s Kevin Liles and super producer London On Da Track during the launch of the #freestyle50challenge which nets the winner a ten thousand dollars purse, a single deal with 300 for a song produced by London, with sponsor Verizon collaborating as part of the team making it all happen, including an artist development opening slot on a national tour.
Here’s part 2 of the “Details for Submission” brought to you by the man himself:
Here’s the Official Word on the challenge
Verizon is teaming up with music mogul Kevin Liles and mega producer London on da Track to bring back the art of freestyle with the #freestyle50challenge – a nationwide emcee competition.
The #freestyle50challenge celebrates the roots of hip hop and the evolution of culture. We want to discover that one artist who has the potential to be a new voice for hip hop.
Think you have what it takes? Here’s how to enter:
- Post a video of yourself freestyling to Tee Grizzley’s “No Effort” instrumental on Twitter or Instagram.
- Use the hashtag #freestyle50challenge and tag @Verizon. Deadline for entry is August 4.
- The nation’s top eight freestylers will have the opportunity to battle it out at a live #freestyle50 cypher event in Los Angeles.
- A single record deal with 300 Entertainment produced by London on da Track
- $10,000 cash
- The chance to open for a 300 Entertainment artist on tour
Where and When did this all begin and what’s the in-depth story on the concept of #freestyle50challenge? Last year for Forbes.com, Contributor Ogden Payne had a great conversation with Liles who laid it all out…now the campaign is back stronger than ever after an amazing debut. For the compete backstory, read the full interview on Forbes.com here.