Published on December 27th, 2019 | by Darren Paltrowitz0
A Look At The New Hanukkah Beers From New York’s Own Shmaltz Brewing Company
2 years ago, the New York-based Shmaltz Brewing Company officially turned 21. The smallest and still the only Jewish celebration beer company in the country, Shmaltz admittedly began as a novelty brewer. Now, Shmaltz reportedly has close to three dozen staff members and over 40 awards for its signature specialty beers. Prior limited-edition Hanukkah brews have included Chanukah, Hanukkah…Pass The Beer (a Golden Strong Ale with Cocoa Nibs, 8 percent ABV), Jewbelation 21 (a Dark American Strong Ale, 12.1 percent ABV), and Shtick In A Box (a Holiday Variety 12-Pack).
The Shmaltz Brewing Company officially turns 23 this Chanukah season with its official Chanukah beer available in 12-oz. can 4-packs. Now available:
– Chanukah, Hanukkah: Pass The Beer – Candles won’t be the only thing getting lit this year, with this chocolate bomb rounded out by a heady, earthy hop profile and vanilla notes. A triple brown ale, this Chanukah strong ale beautifully-balances complex caramel roasted malts with a citrusy puckering all tied together for the perfect before or after dinner beer. No matter how you spell “Chanukah,” imbibers will be holding the official chosen beer for this holiday season.
– Sugar Plum Fairy – Go, go, goes uptown to the “A-pol-lo” for this limited release. A Belgian-inspired dark ale to warm you up while you hit the streets this winter. The 8 percent winter warmer is a Complex Dark Ale brewed with Plum Puree & Belgian Candi Syrup.
– Mazel Tov Cocktail – Let the 23rd Anniversary Holiday Extravaganza begin! Mazel Tov Cocktail is an extremely limited draft-only release featuring a select blend of barrel aged ales – Dark, Tart, Tasty!
– Hop Momma IPA – A hazy and juicy New England-style IPA brewed with peach, apricot and a hint of habanero. Hop Momma IPA won a Gold Medal at World Beer Championships.
– Funky Blender #3 – A super-limited, draft-only, 10 percent ABV barrel aged sour mash-up of Bittersweet Lenny’s R.I.P.A., Bock Bock, and St. Lenny’s.
More on Shmaltz and its “Chosen Beer” distributors can be found at www.shmaltzbrewing.com.
View this post on Instagram
Season’s Greetings #beerlovers! It’s that time of year once again and we want to wish you the happiest of holidays! #Presents under the tree and cheerful #stockings stuffers, or #chinesefood and a #movie — however you celebrate, thank you for being a part of our Shmaltz family! Happy Holidays, Jeremy, Matt, Ben, Natasha, Jesse, & Lauren #christmas #chanukah #hanukkah #holidayseason #holidays #thankyou #grateful #appreciation #beer #celebration #celebrate